Sunday, November 14, 2010

Another First Timer

Having blogged over a long period of time, in very low frequency, I finally got something officially published. Yes, in the newspaper! Local newspaper that is, or more popularly known as The Largest English Daily In Borneo -- The Borneo Post. Yes, the tropical Isle of Borneo, my hometown.
The best part about this is, I get to contribute on something I find beneficial to my soul, that is to charitable causes.


I had the full page 18 of The Sunday Post, 14 November 2010 to myself.


This opportunity wouldn't have come to me if I wasn't given the chance by a fellow club member of a non-profit organisation I belong to. He is also my respectable mentor in the communications club. He is none other than the well-known writer and trainer in the local industry, Mr. Dunstan Chan. Dunstan himself has a column of his own in The Sunday Post called Reflection. Thank you mentor, (despite having butchered my write up into smaller portions to fit the space allocated). This wouldn't have happened if you didn't ask me to write. =]

Yes, written by......?

So, the whole page was about how the operations of NGOs will be affected by the amount of funds they can raise in order to sustain over time. Hence, promoting the importance of an effective fundraising strategy to raise money to enable NGOs to continue fighting for their causes.

How to do that? NGO volunteers must attend the subsidised Fundraising and Communication Workshop to be held in Kuching on 7, 8 & 9 December 2010. Not to be missed!

Well, I guess I've gotten myself into another self first-time-record. I shall be pleased to engrave this on my blog, lest I forget.

Before that, a charitable ponder:

It's not charity if you give away the last bit of rice in your plate and still have a bagful of bread to munch away while watching a Man. Utd. match later in the night. It's only when you share the last bit of rice in your plate with those in hunger and at the same time would having nothing left in the kitchen to eat and no TV to watch for a long period of time that it's deemed charity.

How many of us are willing?

3 comments:

Zhariff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

woot woot congratulations!

Pina Colada said...

Heya~! Thank you! :)