Saturday, January 10, 2009

Around The Corner?

It's pretty strange, as every time I blog, Bye Bye by Mariah Carey is always running on my WinAmp. I do not know why I am so attuned to this piece. An inspirational number? I guess.

This is my maiden post for this new year, 2009. Yeah. Just sharing some thoughts I have for today (just 42 minutes into it).

I'd firstly like to tell you about my random thoughts on forwarded SMSes. I find it very amusing, if not, lame to receive SMSes during Christmas Day itself that goes something like this,

()"""() ,*
( 'o' ) ,***
=(,,)=("')<-*** (""),,,("") "** Christmas is just around the corner,
I'd like to wish you a Blessed and Joyful Celebration..
Etc, Etc....

Note the phrase highlighted in Red. It bewilders me to know how insensitive or ignorant some people can be. Not sincere in words nor in action. How would one not realise what are the contents of the SMS they are about to forward to others? Sending someone a SMS that tells you Christmas is AROUND THE CORNER on Christmas Day itself?? Mmm.... Wow. It just simply meant either three of the following:

1. I'm thinking of you on this special day and I want you to remember me by wishing you. But then again, I am not going to admit that i actually mean what I say. So, I try sarcasm.


2. I don't think I like you enough to wish you. But I guess someone else must be wishing you too. So, I don't want to be left out. Cos I can't bear to live alone, isolated.


3. I don't really know how to read. I just saw and understood the word, 'Christmas' on the SMS.


OK, by now I bet some may find me too demanding. "Complaining about well-wishers who actually bothered to even wish her??" I am grateful for having well-wished, but if it comes, please bother to do so, properly. Sincerely.

Thanks, anyway. *rolls eyes*


It's so simple, yet made so difficult. People rather go through the miles of forwarding lengthy messages just to send a 'sort-of message' to someone, yet not wanting it to actually 'reach' you. When all that really matters is a simple 2-phrase (OK, or more) wish, that comes from the heart. OK, I do love the length, but please, keep it right!

For this New Year, my resolutions are to be what I am expecting from myself.

As for the whole,

I ask not much. Just to be surrounded by good nature, fun, love, productivity, efficiency and of course, sincerity.

My apologies for the sudden change of mood. I need to rush to the loo. Well, at least I mean it. ;)


Happy New Year! @};->-----

and Bye Bye by Ms.Chong now.

3 comments:

Zhariff said...

hope this new year would bring forth great success to u..in any aspect of life (read:"L") :)

Pina Colada said...

Thanks, and that includes yourself too. =)

Zhariff said...

i'm on some progress here..would you like to hear it out? lol