Friday, January 30, 2009

I Love My Golden Ox.

I said goodbye to 2008, just 29 no, 30 days ago. I thought I didn't need resolutions anymore, thinking they're all too much crap, knowing resolutions aren't just for new year's day, but all days through the year; and I guess I was right not having had any resolutions made. I went very general, I had hopes. That were mild hopes. I was preparing for reinforcement of my hopes, at the right time. I did that on Chinese New Year's Day. The year of the Golden Ox.
I bought stuffs for the Lunar New Year. I went shopping, I decorated my home, I bought cakes, I bought tidbits, and I ended up eating almost all of them. Like I'm surprised. Heh.


I took some shots here; it's not easy to get such beautifully decorated stage for festive seasons back at the shopping malls here.


Then, I welcomed the Golden Ox Year hours after my family's reunion dinner. It was a mixture of peace, serenity, harmony, simplicity, 'amor' and acceptance. I felt it that way, and I liked it. When the clock struck midnight, the dark night was awaken by the explosions of burning crackers. I almost wished I could light up some bombs. Well, I must admit the little mischief still lingers, despite the years of growth, internally and externally.

So no, there were no bombs for me.


The Niu Year was greeted . . .

. . . and well wished.


I went back to kitchen, made some jellies, till approximately 3 a.m and there was supposed to be a family gathering at 10 a.m. Made the jellies, for fun and came up with 2 flavours. As usual, I am most inspirational to come up with things, after midnight. The jellies? There were nice. As a matter of fact, I still have a tray of fruit punch flavoured jelly in the fridge. Would you like some?

We met, wished and we ate. We had the moment we wanted.


And then I cooked a pot of Mee Suah in the afternoon, thinking I could serve any visitors. But it was sucked up to the end of the pot, and gone by the next morning. I had brandy in it. I guess, my 'niu' skill (cooking) isn't so bad afterall. Would you like some Mee Suah? ;)
Mmmm. So 5 days into the 2009 Lunar New Year and I guess celebration hasn't slowed down till the 15th night? I still have some beers and cakes and cookies and tidbits, even Gummi bears and marshmellows from Famous Amos in the containers. I guess I'm just going to eat all these up on my own. If you happen to be my friend and are around somewhere here, well, I won't fire a bomb at your pants. I'll be around till Sunday evening.
I have a 'niu' life going, on Monday. And I bet you do too.


My Sayang NiuNiu will be around till I get back. If you question what she (I guess she's better off as female) does, then it's time to ask yourself, may be you have the answers. May be you need to get yourself a new pet. Not a 'niu', may be something else. Why not try a bloody iguana. It's cold blooded.


P.s --> Oh, my golden Ox, NiuNiu says she's cool about stuffs and accepts everyone (as they are). So should me, and you? Till then, please keep an eye on my little NiuNiu. She can't be left idle. Trust me. On this.















4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey its nice for you to at least celebrating new year and get to light off a fire work la. Im working during CNY!!! Arg hate my company!

Pina Colada said...

Happy Chinese New Year, Justin....!
Wow, must a stressful job I guess?

Anonymous said...

Yes its indeed a stressful job. Hmmpp... entertainment line is like dat. During holidays is the best time to generate income for cinema. While others are working, im having my holidays haha. Like in a few more days, im off to Shanghai. Hope it would be fun

Pina Colada said...

You're working at the cinema, which one?
I think you your website is nicely done... You developed it yourself? Why are you not in the IT industry?