Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Enter The Procrastinator

I have tummy discomfort. I am looking at my messy room. So dusty. So haywire. So impossibly clean, and yet I feel strongly, to do something about it. But I can't, something is holding me back. I pick up some clothes and pile them up together according to their own 'kind', but that is it. Now, there are piles of clothes everywhere. The new cupboard to keep my clothes is still empty. I want to give it a wipe before laying my nicely folded clothes in it. But I can't, something is holding me back. I try again. I look at my dusty fan. So much dust. I can no longer feel the strong air it gushes when it starts spinning at me. Only faint air. My room smells so me. So clamped. I can hardly think in this atmosphere. I want to fix it, clean it. I look around. I don't know where to start. Arggh, my room! The place where I retire at the end of the day. Waiting to be cleaned. And I'm waiting for it to happen. May be tomorrow. Since tomorrow never dies... There'll be one day when it'll be cleaned. I am arranging the books now. I put them aside. I go through them, thinking to myself now, I need to get rid of some of them. Sweet Valley High? No, I am not supposed to read these anymore. I'm too old for Sweet Valley. SPM and STPM books? What if I were to teach someday? I might need these books as reference... Arrgh, the complications, where should all these go? Let's just leave it alone, today. May be tomorrow I'll know better for sure where they all belong. I creep to my bed, now sheetless. I want to buy new bedsheet, something that suits the color of everything, my curtain, my wall, me. But not today. I lay my head on my pillow. I close my eyes. I fall asleep. Eyes closed, I see the books, the pile of clothes, the dust hovering around me, I could feel my contact lenses sticking to my right forefinger; accept that it's no longer soft and moist, but hardened. I fall deeper into my sleep. I can't tell now, where am I? Am I still in my room? When I wake up, will I still meet the pile of books, clothes and dust in my room? I continue sleeping, like there's no tomorrow...

Promising myself, it'll be better when my eyes open next.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

look like u make simple thing sound so complicated bah. just say you room is messy lah.. LOL.. and there is an easy fix. why not just ask me to clean everything for you. i will put everything according to their 'own kind'.. LOL

Zhariff said...

are geminians born to hesitate? hmm

Pina Colada said...

P - Better you tolong cuci the whole house lah. :D

AB - Stop blaming Geminians...