Saturday, December 27, 2008

~* Lovely Christmas *~

OoOHH, Christmas updayted! Had a Christmas Eve family collaboration dinner with 7th Aunt and family. We had Western food. The usual Christmas Turkey and roasted Lamb Leg is a must. Due to objection from 7th Aunt, am not allowed to publish the pictures of the dishes we had that night - She's always thinking what she (perfectionist) is serving isn't good enough; which fortunately is untrue -- mm, a trait I must somehow inherited from her too. We had a lovely dinner, and oh, red wine also.

But 7th Aunt didn't stop me from posting up her lovely Christmas tree -- Well, she doesn't know.


Right after dinner that night, we went to Blessed Sacrament Church for Christmas mass. Started at 12:00 am and ended almost at 2:00 am. I supposed the long hours wasn't caused by the long sermon but by many carols being sung. And I didn't bring my camera to church. :)

On Christmas Day, I had a few guests, though did not invite anyone other than a few friends as I would not consider what we had was an 'open house'. By evening, we had dinner at Youngest Uncle's residence where I bumped into a couple of schoolmates - pretty surprising, at a relative's house! I wanted to take picture for the night but I forgot to bring my camera... Sigh.

On the 2nd Day of Christmas a.k.a Boxing Day... We had another family dinner at my cousin's house to celebrate an aunt's 76th Birthday. Was a great dinner indeed, too. So many dishes, so little space in the tummy. Aaahh... And all the calories. But does it really matter? Even without the weight - I'd still look the same. Was really great to see all from overseas who came back, just to reunite with the family on the special occasions. Keeps me reminiscing of the years that flew past before my eyes as I see my nieces and nephews growing up and getting older. It made me realise how I have made it through the years, in one piece, thanks to family, God and trusted ones.

The beautiful Christmas tree that had my gift beneath it, at my cousin's house.


Reminds me of the "May The Light Shine Upon You" phrase.


Mixed - Vegetables. Hmm. I love veggies!


Fried Chicken Wings... I had them for free!


Chicken Satays... Lovely.


Potatoes!


Turkey! (I think)


Woo... You don't mess with Ze... *slurps* Hehe..


This is the Malaysian beans.. I love Chai Tow!


Noodle of Longevity


Spaghetties

With all these food and Drinks....

*GgRrrr*


Stout... PAIL.


Juices


A lovely Birthday Cake....

Cake courtesy of Alda's Cakes... My cousin baked this! Yes HE did!



AND a JoyFuL bunch...


Although it came and it went,




....... Do I have a reason to not feel Blessed ?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.. look so delicious oh. why not give me some? who cook ? u?

Anonymous said...

did you feel the earquake ?

Anonymous said...

looks like u had a blast......u really love ur veg ka??? but looking at all that food made me hungry la,now gona cook n eat.lol

Pina Colada said...

Nope, I didn't cook the dishes, ate only. :D

NO, No earthquake at this blessed side of the world! You felt it, Uncle D?

Yup, yup, and so do you. You're supposed to love beg too, Latch!

Zhariff said...

ah.bout the food...slurrpyyyyy...