Thursday, December 18, 2008

Feliz Navidad*~

Two words: Feliz Navidad. That is a Spanish phrase meaning 'Merry Christmas' or literally "Happy Nativity". Yup, those are the definitions I got from Wikipedia. Hee, Hee.

With just about a week to Christmas Day, and 'Merry Christmas' the phrase to utter to all fellow Christians I'm meeting, I asked myself, I looked around and -- ask myself again, what makes Christmas, Christmas?

One thing I have realised, many are celebrating Christmas without knowing what actually Christmas is all about. Some are celebrating because it's just another festive day, to some it's the time of showing some love by exchanging gifts or have some roasted turkey or lamb leg for dinner. To another it could just be insignificant. What is Christmas really?

Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ in Bethlehem centuries ago. Christ, the Son Of God was born on 25th December. Hence 25th December=Christmas Day=Birth of Jesus Christ! And yes, it is a celebration. A celebration of the coming of child Jesus The Saviour.

How am I celebrating MY Christmas Day this year? I humbly started by setting up a Christmas tree (just last night, honestly). My Christmas tree came a long way. It's almost as old as I am, I think. Decorating the Christmas tree is already an understood task of mine every year. So here I am, showing off to the world (for the first maiden time!) how I have decorated my Christmas tree this year!


This is how it looked like when I just started.... Few big silver BALLS which I bought last year I think... and I bought MORE silver BALLS this year... But tinier ones. You'll see them in the final result of my tree! (Note: Ignore the messy background, house-cleaning is still in progress!)



So this year, I decided to make it a "White Christmas" since I seem to have so many white decorations, and as always, I love white, so white it is this year as oppose to my golden tree last year.
In order to create the snowing effect... Here goes the nicely-shaped Polystyrene I got from either my aunt or uncle few years back.... TaaaDAAAAAA >>> Snow! ;)




After few hours of drilling, yes tree drilling... to get the best out of my white stuffs; YES, white decors I meant -- This is how my tree looks like after being decorated and sitting pretty at its intended location (Yes, it's night time by the time I'm done with it.):

Please do take note of my lovely Reindeer at the top...

I shall end this post with a lovely verse from one of my favourite Christmas carols...


"Its all a dream and illusion now
It must come true, sometime soon somehow
All across the land dawns a brand new morn
This comes to pass when a child is born..."


Here's wishing you from the bottom of my heart, have a Blessed Christmas!

With Love.










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the tree dre,but wat i love most is the fact that u took a moment to reflect on the meaning of x'mas ,which many dont.i guess u must really appreciate this day.well a jolly good x'mas to you sweeeeets, i wish u a not so silent'maybe lil holy nite.............;-)
latchma

Anonymous said...

hehe......after all this hard work to drop this comment i wana say'since i know u since childhood 'u write jus the way u think....lol makes me enjoy it more.hehe

driftermarkham said...

Hor hor hor !
It is christmas again thanks for reminding me!
We shall have a white christmas this year, since last Friday we have seen and are expecting 3 snow storms consecutively putting over 100 cm of snow onto our ground.

Hope you can see that!

always Uncle drifter

Anonymous said...

merry xmas cry baby!