Monday, December 1, 2008

Reminiscing My Life in KK

More than 3 months have passed since my last return to Kota Kinabalu. I graduated on the 24th August 2008 to be exact.

After living a few years in KK ever since I started my first year in the pursuit of my degree, I could not help but wonder what I have gathered when I return to my hometown; and I still am, wondering.

Was I happy? Did i learn a lot? I made new friends? I had new foes *smiles* ?

.... Truth is, I don't know. I didn't even feel much when I was there. It was just like a dream. I was there. Time flies, and I'm back.

Yes, time flies. Every single semester just passed, like that. Yet, every semester was a different tale. Every semester I left my hometown feeling weighed down. I dreaded the times to go back and stay at the uni's off-campus hostel. So much of the 'dislikes' that I felt, I managed. Over the years, I had learned the art of 'numbing' the feeling in situations that were not likely to be pleasant.

Okay, it was not bad afterall. People would think of Kota Kinabalu as a very 'ulu' (backward) city as they would of any other cities in East Malaysia a.k.a Borneo. Truth is, it's not so bad afterall. Okay, I sound so lame describing, but forgive me, I'm still unable to feel. I'm trying now. and trying.

First year passed in no time, I survived. I had two West Malaysian roommates in my first year. Strange as it was, the three of us managed one whole bloody year cramming in one helluva small room. It's really crammed, even with one double-decker bed. I had the single bed. Our so-called 'hostel' was located about 15 minutes off-campus by bus. I am kinda proud thinking back, that I actually was pretty happy with that and did not intend to apply into campus although facilities were much much better, but heyy, minus the freedom. :) So Okay, I survived my degree staying at this 'hostel' which is actually a normal residential area turned 'hostel'. That was legendary Taman Indah Permai, a 'black' area known for its crime cases. We undergraduates were living in double-storey terrace houses, in which one house could accommodate 7 weird girls.

I shall sum up first year as a very blurry year, I wasn't almost sure what the hell I was doing back then. There lots to digest and time was speeding. But in two words, pretty OK. Oh. before that, I felt like I wanted to whack a lady working in MAS dealing with Grads card. (but then again, I was pretty good at 'numbing' my feelings, so I left it at that.) She seemed to have problems. That was in first year. After that, Air Asia came to the rescue. Pheww. I didn't see the 'lady' anymore. Good.

Ahh. I sense this is getting complicated. I need a break.

To be continued....





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wah.. so sikit ur uni life oh. btw, u already forget about me ah? =).. write some more labah..